Healthy lunch ideas | womensfitness.co.uk
Are you a lunch time snacker? Tend to find yourself snacking away at the office after lunch, so by dinner time you’ve lost your evening appetite? Well did you know that a tasty, filling and healthy lunch will set you up for a productive afternoon and keep you going until dinner. A well-balanced meal midday also helps to keep your blood sugar levels balanced, which means you won’t get that 4pm slump and be tempted to reach for unhealthy treats!
But eating the same thing day in, day out can be dull. Lacking in foodie inspiration? No probs, just check out these healthy lunch ideas…
1. Baked sweet potato filled with tuna and served with roasted vegetables and a large green salad.
2. Half a small tin of sardines with a sprouted seed salad and a wholemeal roll. A low-fat natural yoghurt and a slice of melon.
3. A bowl of vegetable soup served with a wholemeal roll. A fresh fruit salad topped with low-fat natural yogurt and a tablespoon of nuts and seeds.
4. Chicken and vegetable stir-fry with brown rice and spicy spinach and potatoes. A mango and pineapple salad topped with low-fat natural yoghurt and toasted slivered almonds.
5. A frittata or Spanish omelet using 2 eggs, chunks of pepper, cold boiled new potatoes and cherry tomatoes. Serve with green beans or sugar snap peas and a mixed salad. A quinoa milk pudding made with goats milk, topped with a handful of raspberries.
6. A small grilled salmon fillet with boiled baby new potatoes, string beans, grilled tomatoes, and asparagus. Custard made with goat’s milk, layered in a glass with sliced banana and topped with grated fresh coconut.
7. Bean stew made with kidney beans, onion, garlic, tomatoes, cinnamon and paprika served with brown rice.
8. Grilled chicken breast served with roasted butternut squash and sautéed green vegetables such as broccoli and spinach.